Maryland Workforce Resources
- Baltimore County Office of Workforce Development - Baltimore County’s workforce development agency.
- Baltimore Workforce Investment Board - a business-led board that works to develop a coordinated workforce development system in Baltimore City.
- Employer Toolkit - an online "employer toolkit" designed to help area businesses access workforce information and services provided by public and nonprofit organizations.
- Governor's Workforce Investment Board, Maryland - contains information concerning GWIB's legislative agenda.
- Greater Baltimore Business Leadership Network - an employer-driven effort to market the benefits of hiring qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development - contains information on financing, workforce training, trade, and small and minority business assistance in Maryland.
- Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation - reports & statistics about Maryland's labor market.
- Maryland Institute for Workforce Excellence - provides staff development and networking opportunities for professionals in the workforce development field.
- Mayor's Office of Employment Development – Baltimore City Government's agency for workforce development services.
- Montgomery County Workforce Development Corporation - Montgomery County’s Workforce Investment Board.
- Prince George's Workforce Services Corporation – Prince George’s County’s Workforce Investment Board.
- Upper Shore Workforce Investment Board - workforce development services in Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne's & Talbot Counties.
- Workforce Network - A division of Maryland Works, WN provides Maryland professionals with information, resources, and tools for success.
- Workforce Organizations for Regional Collaboration - coordinates and facilitates workforce development and placement activities that serve unemployed and underemployed individuals in the Washington, D.C. region.
National Workforce Resources
- America's Career InfoNet - online resource library for wages and employment trends, occupational requirements, state by state labor market conditions, nationwide employer contacts and career information.
- Center on Budget and Policy Priorities - nonpartisan research and policy institute that conducts research and analysis on policies and programs that affect low and moderate income people.
- Economic Policy Institute - a nonprofit, nonpartisan think tank that seeks to broaden the public debate about strategies to achieve a prosperous and fair economy.
- Enterprise Foundation – works with partners to provide low-income people with affordable housing, safer streets, and access to jobs and childcare.
- ETA Workforce Community - The U.S. Department of Labor - Employment & Training Administration's gateway to Workforce Investment Act information.
- Good Jobs First - a project of the Institute on Taxation & Economic Policy, a nonpartisan, nonprofit research and education organization tracking government tax and spending policy issues.
- Institute on Taxation and Economic Policy - non-profit, non-partisan research and education organization that works on government taxation and spending policy issues.
- Jobs For the Future - a research, consulting, and policy organization focused on accelerating advancement opportunities for youth and adults.
- National Association of Workforce Boards - represents business-led Workforce Boards that plan and oversee state and local workforce development and job training programs.
- National Association of Workforce Development Professionals – a professional association for individuals working in the field of workforce development.
- National Conference of State Legislatures' Labor & Employment News
- National League of Cities – the oldest and largest national organization representing municipal governments throughout the United States.
- Public/Private Ventures - works to improve the effectiveness of social policies, programs, and community initiatives, especially as they affect youth.
- Workforce Alliance - advocates for more effective federal education and training policies.
- WorkforceUSA.net - an internet-based virtual library dedicated entirely to workforce development issues.
- Working Poor Families Project - the WPFP partners with one or more nonprofit organizations, in each state, to strengthen state policies to better prepare America’s working families for a more secure economic future.